I'm looking to establish contact with the 2/5 Association.

News and Information relative to the members of this forum
boardman
Site Admin
2-5 Connection: Yes
unit: G 2/5

I'm looking to establish contact with the 2/5 Association.

#1 Postby boardman » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:59 pm

I'm looking to establish contact with the 2/5 Association. Is this Association a collection of Company organizations or a Battalion organization? If there is a national charter, I'm very interested in establishing contact, increasing our communication and potentially participating in events, as appropriate. If you have contacts with others, it would be great to get their info as well. I'm making it a matter of priority for the Marines of the Battalion to honor our 2/5 Brother of the past through formal study and presentation. We'll be working on projects studying the Battle for Hue City and also Okinawa early next year. Any info you can provide to link our historical past with today's generation of warriors would be most appreciated. Thanks very much in advance. Semper Fi.
Respectfully,

LtCol. C.S. Kozeniesky USMC
CO, 2/5
(760) 725-7865
DSN 365-XXXX
Cell (760) 216-3624
"Retreat Hell"

Chris Brown

Fox 2/5 Association

#2 Postby Chris Brown » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:30 am

In response to Col. Kozeniesky I would like to introduce myself. My name is Chris Brown and I am the current President of the Fox 2/5 Association. I am sure the other companies will respond accordingly so I will limit my comments to our group. We have a current membership of over 475 men who served with Fox 2/5 during Vietnam. We have reunions every two years moving it around the country so that all get a chance to attend. Our membership has men who served in Vietnam from 1966 - 1971. We have many members who fought in Union II and Hue City as well as many other operations. We have over the years maintained contact with the current members of Fox Co. The CO during Desert Storm spoke at our reunion in 1992 and in 1998 we spent a day in Camp Pendleton with the group. Just this last reunion we had former XO Brent Biniek speak. The association has helped me sponser an extensive package sending program in conjunction with my company. So as you can see we are behind you guys all the way and will do anything you ask to support you and the men of 2nd Bn., 5th Marines. Feel free to contact me by email at:
chris.brown@xlgroup.com or call at 212-894-9225.
Thank you for all you men do.
Semper Fi!
Chris Brown

Return to “2/5 Forum Announcements & News”