Topics for the message boards

News and Information relative to the members of this forum
boardman
Site Admin
2-5 Connection: Yes
unit: G 2/5

Topics for the message boards

#1 Postby boardman » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:45 pm

I will do my best to create informative and useful topics, and you are welcome to as well (for registered users). If you need something removed or changed you can do it yourself, as the person who posted it.

If you can think of area of interest to be added, send me a message and I will investigate it. As you can see I already have a number of resources for information, but there are plenty more out there.

The Boardman 8)

mhanley1973

active duty personnel and their families

#2 Postby mhanley1973 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:34 pm

my name is michael hanley. i am a plumber and i want to give back to those who are serving. i want to offer plumbing repairs free of charge to all active duty military personnel and their families. as of now it is just myself, though i am going to try and set something up with local 130 of the plumbers union in chicago and, hopefully, try and set something up nationally through the united association. i am unable to offer "free" service as i have no sponsors or anything, but i will be charging no labor or service fees. this is not a scam, just a guy trying t o help. ive been laid off for a few months and too old to serve now myself. please contact me through my email at: mhanley1973@hotmail.com
also, my father works at great lakes naval station and is offering the same for naval personnel for me. please note these will be varying hours that i can accomodate, days no and probably nights later.

GreyGhost4319

My brother is in Fox Co.

#3 Postby GreyGhost4319 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:24 pm

Hi. My name is Jim Clemmons, and my brother just arriaved in Fox Co. from SOI. I look forward to supporting the 2/5. Anything I can do?

brassy0351
Private
2-5 Connection: No

Hello my name is Sue

#4 Postby brassy0351 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:35 pm

My Son is a LCPL he is with 2/5 now. Last year he was on the USS ESSEX, this year he will be in the sand box. I wont say when, or where.

I would also like to take this time to THANK ALL VETS, MOST OF ALL VIET NAM VETS. I was born in 69, was raised to love and appreciate this country and all who serve it. I married a marine when I was 16, I had my oldest child when I was 18 in Okinawa Japan. That child grew up loving this country, wanting to serve this country. My son was on the ESSEX when they went to the Philippines. I'm very proud, grateful, and scared.

boardman
Site Admin
2-5 Connection: Yes
unit: G 2/5

Re: Hello my name is Sue

#5 Postby boardman » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:37 pm

brassy0351 wrote:My Son is a LCPL he is with 2/5 now. Last year he was on the USS ESSEX, this year he will be in the sand box. I wont say when, or where.

I would also like to take this time to THANK ALL VETS, MOST OF ALL VIET NAM VETS. I was born in 69, was raised to love and appreciate this country and all who serve it. I married a marine when I was 16, I had my oldest child when I was 18 in Okinawa Japan. That child grew up loving this country, wanting to serve this country. My son was on the ESSEX when they went to the Philippines. I'm very proud, grateful, and scared.

Hi Sue!

As one Vietnam Veteran, I thank you for your kind words. Your family sure has been part of the Corps for a while. Thank you all for the service to our country.

Pass along to your son a "Semper Fi!" from me next time you chat with him. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Tom
Boardman 8)
"See You On The Other Side"
http://www.2ndbn5thmarines.com

brassy0351
Private
2-5 Connection: No

Thank you so very much.

#6 Postby brassy0351 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:31 pm

Thank you for praying for my son. God can always go where he goes, and be there when I can't. I know he is a 20 year old man. I'm very proud of the man and marine he has become. As his mother I want to grab him and not let him go, as his friend and supporter I know he has to go. It is a tough job being a mom.
Thank you again
Sue

Return to “2/5 Forum Announcements & News”