News and Information relative to the members of this forum
boardman
Site Admin
2-5 Connection: Yes
unit: G 2/5

PLEASE READ FIRST!!! Message Board Registration

#1 Postby boardman » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:00 am

Greetings,
There has been a lot of "spam registrations" hitting these boards for the past six to ten months. To combat them being able to post their "crap" our boards I have required new registrations to be confirmed by me, and no one can post unless they are registered.

There have been some ways of combating these, but some still make it through to me to decide whether or not they are genuine. If you are truly a person belonging to the "2/5 Family" please leave me something in your registration to indicate that. I don't want to accidentally delete a "Family Member." If by some chance you do register and don't get confirmed try it again, or e-mail the webmaster ( webmaster@2ndbn5thmarines.com ) about it.

It's a shame we have to go through all this to keep the messages on this board on point. I'm sure you all get enough of those type of spam e-mails and would prefer not to see them here too.
Boardman 8)
"See You On The Other Side"
http://www.2ndbn5thmarines.com

boardman
Site Admin

Re: PLEASE READ FIRST!!! Message Board Registration

#2 Postby boardman » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:26 pm

In my efforts to limit the spammers into our 2/5 Message Boards I have over done it, sort of - well actually I messed up. The answer to the question one must answer to get registered I had incorrectly put what must be answered. My bad indeed. I was oblivious to this, but maybe should have realized when there were no registrations coming in! I got a mail from one of you 2/5ers about not being able to register, we figured out what I had done. It should be all okay for now. Maybe my posting this I'm opening up the floodgates for the spammers, maybe not.

If you have tried to register and have not been able to complete the registration, I am sorry. Please try again. Remember you need to answer both questions, your 2/5 unit and the other question.

Thank you for understanding. I was just trying to keep the boards for you all and in doing so I prevented some from coming in to share.
Boardman 8)

boardman
Site Admin

#3 Postby boardman » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:33 pm

One more thing, while I have your attention (hopefully)....

When you've registered, go to your User Control Panel, then click on Profile, then click on Edit Avatar, then Display Gallery. You should see all the USMC rank insignias. Pick yours (honestly now <grin>) and it will show up with your name when you post. I never thought of it before that many may not have figured out where I got my Sergeant insignia next to my "Boardman" title next to my posts. Well, there you have it. Please show us your rank - your choice of when you were in the unit you're posting in or your last rank in the USMC.

Wear it with pride - you earned it!

Tom
Boardman 8)

boardman
Site Admin

#4 Postby boardman » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:27 am

We've been hit with a flood of spam registrations again, over 200 last night. So I changed the challenge question. I hope no one got caught in that group, I just deleted all of them. If you registered yesterday (12/13/14) please register again.
Boardman 8)

Atifraza
2-5 Connection: No
unit: 3/5

#5 Postby Atifraza » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:40 pm

After departing Keflavik, Jones found himself at another base newspaper devoid of a weekly cartoon. By using the ol' "You'll have that much less space to fill with writing ..." gimmick, Jones easily persuaded the staff at the Jax Air News, (NAS Jacksonville, Florida) to allow a new comic, the soon-to-be-renamed "Jax-Tales" into the publication.

While serving in Iceland, Jones developed a collection of Navy-specific comics featuring a hapless Sailor with horrible dental work. The U.S. Navy magazine All Hands responded enthusiastically to the idea and began publishing "Ricky's Tour" in February 1999. After departing Keflavik, Jones found himself at another base newspaper devoid of a weekly cartoon. By using the ol' "You'll have that much less space to fill with writing ..." gimmick, Jones easily persuaded the staff at the Jax Air News, (NAS Jacksonville, Florida) to allow a new comic, the soon-to-be-renamed "Jax-Tales" into the publication.

While serving in Iceland, Jones developed a collection of Navy-specific comics featuring a hapless Sailor with horrible dental work. The U.S. Navy magazine All Hands responded enthusiastically to the idea and began publishing "Ricky's Tour" in February 1999. :evil: :roll:
Get free demos for ccna online course exam and mcts exam with ccie routing and switching certification guide guaranteed success. Our best quality Certkiller CLO-001 prepares you well before appearing in the final exams of www.bgsp.edu

Return to “2/5 Forum Announcements & News”