News and Information relative to the members of this forum
boardman
Site Admin
2-5 Connection: Yes
unit: G 2/5

New Board/Forum Software

#1 Postby boardman » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:16 pm

Hello Marines, Families & Friends...

One of the biggest headaches of managing the message boards has been spam registrations, those who would like to get access to our boards and post their BS. The old boards' only security feature was to have each new registration have to be activated by me; and that could add up to dozens everyday, time I could spend better keeping the web site updated (sorry about those delays - I am catching up).

This new board software should keep them out all by itself, time will tell. I have to learn some of the new features of this software, first will be how to get our 2/5 logo back on top of the pages.

I hope you all enjoy yourselves. Nothing has really changed as far as where things were, they're still the same places. The new software imported all the messages/topics/etc.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Semper Fi!
Tom
Boardman 8)
"See You On The Other Side"
http://www.2ndbn5thmarines.com

boardman
Site Admin
2-5 Connection: Yes
unit: G 2/5

Re: New Board/Forum Software

#2 Postby boardman » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:28 am

Well, it has been a few days now and I am free of spam registrations! Yeah! On the other point, the 2/5 logo...it is up there but squished. The code of this software has to be modified differently than the old board, so it is back to the books. But, have no doubt I will get a proper logo up on top and maybe even figure out how to do other cool modifications to the look/feel of the boards. I hope you all enjoy. Now it is back to updating the site. ;)
Boardman 8)
"See You On The Other Side"
http://www.2ndbn5thmarines.com

Return to “2/5 Forum Announcements & News”