Interviews with Vietnam-Iraq vets & spouses needed ....

2/5 Members, Family and Friends - this is your area!

Moderator: 2/5 News - Iraq

boardman
Site Admin
2-5 Connection: Yes
unit: G 2/5

Interviews with Vietnam-Iraq vets & spouses needed ....

#1 Postby boardman » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:44 pm

Hello.

I came across your website while researching for my thesis….I hope that its “ok” for me to contact you like this! My name is Monica Henry I am living in Costa Rica pursuing a Masters Degree at the University For Peace (United Nations affiliated graduate school) in “Gender and Peace Building” in order to better identify and understand the different needs of men, women, boys and girls in conflict and post-conflict situations. I hope to eventually work with governments and/or people in conflict and post-conflict situations to reduce incidents of gender based violence.

My father served in Vietnam (Branch of Service: U.S. Navy (R) from 1964 to 1968. MOS 48 months. Rank: Lieutenant. Years in country: Ship and UDT – approximately 13 months) and I have several friends and whose husbands are serving/served in Iraq. After listening to their stories, I decided that I'd like to research (for my thesis) the role of military spouses (positive & negative aspects of being “married to the military”), the difficulties faced by military spouses during deployments and of those who either support(ed) or oppose(d) the Vietnam and/or Iraq War as well as the impact that protestors (civilian and military) have on soldiers serving in combat and their families.

I am searching for Vietnam & Operation Iraqi Freedom Vets and servicemen/women, Spouses of Vietnam and Operation Iraqi Freedom Vets and servicemen/women and/or their children to interview (via email) for this project. If you or anyone you know would be interested in assisting me, please contact me at: themis@runbox.com <mailto:themis@runbx.com> for more information. All sources have the option of remaining anonymous and should they decide at any point in time that they do not want to participate, I will refrain from using any information that they have provided me with.

I thank you for your consideration and sincerely apologize if it was inappropriate for me to contact you concerning this matter.

All the best,

Monica Henry

“When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I’ve never tried before.” ~ Mae West

Monica Henry
University For Peace
PO Box 138-6100
San Jose, Costa Rica
Boardman 8)
"See You On The Other Side"
http://www.2ndbn5thmarines.com

Return to “2/5 Companies In Iraq & Afghanistan”