Navy/Marine Corps News for the Week of Oct. 14-20, 2006
Story Number: NNS061020-01
From the Navy News Service www.news.navy.mil
WASHINGTON (NNS) -- Headlines Ashore and Afloat for the week ending Oct. 20, 2006:
- Potential duty assignments for Individual Augmentees are explained.
- Ninth anniversary of the Women in Military Service for America Memorial was recognized.
- USS Hyman G. Rickover (SSN 709) returns to Norfolk, Va., from its last deployment.
- An earthquake affects naval installations in Hawaii.
- The Secretary of the Navy visits Recruit Training Center Great Lakes for the first time.
- Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal members train military personel from Jordan.
- Dredging of the Elizabeth River is proposed to support large naval vessels.
- One of the most iconic flags in American history has found a new home.
CNO: Voting :29
Driving Safety :59
- FLTCM DiRossa wins the Positive Voice for American military women award.
- The Navy participates in the Hispanic Engineer National Achievement Awards Conference.
- Two new force master chief positions are announced.
- The Navy established the Expeditionary Combat Readiness Center at Naval Amphibious Base Little Creek.
- Marine driver Ashton Lewis and Navy driver Shane Huffman finish 11th and 39th at the Dollar General 300.
CNO: CFC :29
- Citizens of Marinette, Wis., comment on their support of PCU Freedom.
- Naval Support Facility Diego Garcia gets rid of a lot of metal.
- A former mainstay of the Navy and Air Force is given a facelift.
We would like your input, so call our FEEDBACK LINE: at (202) 433-6110 or DSN 288-6110 and leave a message. Send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a story you think would be of interest to the Navy/Marine Corps News worldwide audience, please contact the Assignment Desk at: Naval Media Center, Bldg. 168, 2713 Mitscher Road, SW, Anacostia Annex, Washington, DC 20373-5819, or email: email@example.com or contact The Assignment Desk at (202) 433-0300 or DSN 288-0300. Distribution questions should be directed to Paul Hernandez, Comm : (202) 433-2105 or DSN 288-2105.
Check here for Navy/Marine Corps
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests