Navy / Marine Corps News Highlights for the Week of Nov. 3-10, 2006
Story Number: NNS061109-15
From the Navy News Service www.news.navy.mil
WASHINGTON (NNS) -- Headlines Ashore and Afloat for the week ending Nov. 10, 2006:
- Blue Angels members mark the 60th anniversary of the flight demonstration squadron..
- Individual Augmentees are tracked and rewarded for their service.
- The U.S. Marine Corps celebrated their 231st birthday.
- A group of veterans continue to show their support to troops.
- Artists enhance the physical appearance of prosthesis for Veterans.
- Dedicated Soldiers guard the Tomb of the Unknown for all services.
November All Hands :29
- British Royal Navy sailors sell poppies in remembrance of all Veterans.
- The construction of the U.S. Marine Corps Museum is reviewed.
- All Services Rugby Championships were held at Camp Lejuene.
- The legalman rating is now open to new enlisted applicants.
- Veterans are called to wear their military medals on Veterans Day.
- Elliptical trainers are now approved for use on the PFA.
- One Veteran holds his own personal vigil at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
- “Man’s best friend” helps injured Veterans.
- The “Healing Fields” of Lynchburg, Va., pay tribute to Veterans.
We would like your input, so call our FEEDBACK LINE: at (202) 433-6110 or DSN 288-6110 and leave a message. Send e-mail to: email@example.com. If you have a story you think would be of interest to the Navy/Marine Corps News worldwide audience, please contact the Assignment Desk at: Naval Media Center, Bldg. 168, 2713 Mitscher Road, SW, Anacostia Annex, Washington, DC 20373-5819, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact The Assignment Desk at (202) 433-0300 or DSN 288-0300. Distribution questions should be directed to Paul Hernandez, Comm : (202) 433-2105 or DSN 288-2105.
Check here for Navy/Marine Corps
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests