Navy / Marine Corps News headlines for the week of Jan. 13-20, 2007
Story Number: NNS070118-13
By Navy News Service
WASHINGTON (NNS) -- Headlines Ashore and Afloat for the week ending January 20th, 2007:
- Secretary of the Navy Donald Winter named CVN 78, a carrier to be commissioned in 2016, in honor of former President Gerald R. Ford.
- The Navy issued a stop work order to Lockheed Martin Corporation on the construction of LCS 3 due to an unexpected production cost increase.
- Cpl. Jason Dunham is inducted into the Hall of Heroes at the Pentagon.
- An update on test firing of a rail gun system from Dahlgren, Virginia.
- Marines from the 3rd Reconnaissance Platoon in Okinawa train for close quarters and urban combat.
Global Distance Support :29
Our Town (Bisbee, Arizona) :59
- The Naval Expeditionary Combat Command celebrates its first anniversary.
- A day in the life of maintaining boilers and handling fuel aboard USS Harpers Ferry.
- Introduction of a new electronic currency system which can replace cash.
- Updated rating entry levels have been announced for non-designated Sailors.
- The religious program specialist rating celebrates its 28th anniversary.
- The fiscal year 2007 broken service re-enlistment bonus guidance has been released.
Overseas Duty :59
Voices From Home :29
All Hands (January) :29
- One team, one fight also includes the spouse who keeps everything together on the homefront.
- The role of the Sexual Assault Victim Intervention advocate (SAVI) is covered.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. is remembered in a ceremony by San Diego Sailors.
We would like your input, so call our FEEDBACK LINE: at (202) 433-6110 or DSN 288-6110 and leave a message. Send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a story you think would be of interest to the Navy/Marine Corps News worldwide audience, please contact the Assignment Desk at: Naval Media Center, Bldg. 168, 2713 Mitscher Road, SW, Anacostia Annex, Washington, DC 20373-5819, or email: email@example.com or contact The Assignment Desk at (202) 433-0300 or DSN 288-0300. Distribution questions should be directed to Paul Hernandez, Comm : (202) 433-2105 or DSN 288-2105 or, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check here for Navy/Marine Corps
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests