Navy / Marine Corps News Highlights for the Week of January 21-27, 2007
Story Number: NNS070125-03
Release Date: 1/25/2007 11:17:00 AM
From the Navy News Service
WASHINGTON (NNS) -- Navy/Marine Corps News
Navy/Marine Corps News Promo (: 30)
Program Highlights (28:00)
Headlines Ashore and Afloat for the week ending on January 27, 2007:
- Deputy Secretary of Defense visits Naval Support Activity Bahrain.
- USS Gladiator (MCM-11) arrives in Bahrain for maritime security operations.
- USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74) deploys to the Persian Gulf.
- Gen. James Conway, commandant of the Marine Corps announces the new Sgt Maj. of the Marine Corps.
- Chief of Naval Personnel, Vice Adm. John Harvey visited Recruit Training Command.
- USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) performs a six-station replenishment at sea.
- USS Harry S. Truman (CVN-75) takes on fuel during an underway replenishment.
- USS Forrest Sherman (DD-931) prepares for contingencies at sea.
Our town :59
- Army Reservists train Marines in combat lifesaving techniques.
- USS Trenton (LPD-14) prepares to be transferred to the Indian Navy.
- A Naples, Italy health promotion office offers a healthy shopping tour.
- Marine Sgt. Phil Grondin asks a corpsman health and fitness questions.
- Nominations are being accepted for the Admiral Stan Arthur Awards for logistical excellence.
- Sailors leaving active duty can continue their service in the Navy Reserve with special incentives.
- ALMAR 07-002 instructs Marines that have not deployed to stand by for a possible change of duty.
We are a team :59
- The H-3 Sea King helicopter performs a ceremonial final flight.
- Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 212 “Lancers” mechanics keep their planes flying.
- The Sailors of USS Nashville (LPD-13) participate in Habitat for Humanity homebuilding.
We would like your input, so call our Feedback Line at (202) 433-6110 or DSN 288-6110 and leave a message. Send e-mail to: email@example.com. If you have a story you think would be of interest to the Navy/Marine Corps News worldwide audience, please contact the Assignment Desk at: Naval Media Center, Bldg. 168, 2713 Mitscher Road, SW, Anacostia Annex, Washington, DC 20373-5819, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Assignment Desk at (202) 433-0300 or DSN 288-0300. Distribution questions should be directed to Paul Hernandez, Comm : (202) 433-2105 or DSN 288-2105 or, email: email@example.com.
Check here for Navy/Marine Corps
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests