Navy / Marine Corps News Highlights for the Week of Feb. 4-10, 2007
Story Number: NNS070208-02
By Navy News Service
WASHINGTON (NNS) -- Navy/Marine Corps News
Headlines Ashore and Afloat for the week ending February 10, 2007:
- The Department of the Navy submitted the FY2008 budget request.
- Navy officials announce the 2007 Capt. Edward F. Ney Awards.
- The Navy/Marine Corps Medal is awarded to Cpl. Mina Salama for his actions in Iraq.
- Hawaiian Senators recognize Adm. William Fallon for his contributions to the Hawaiian community.
- Rear Adm. Sonny Masso debunks misconceptions about individual augmentees.
- The 31st Seabee Readiness Group prepares to deploy to the global war on terrorism.
All Hands :29
- Camp Pendleton Marines and Japanese troops train in amphibious warfare.
- Naval Station Rota, Spain, masters-at-arms practice stopping drivers under the influence of alcohol.
- Naval Station Souda Bay, Crete, masters-at-arms train in small boat operations.
- Sailors learn force protection skills at Naval Station San Diego during an anti-terrorism training course.
- The Blue Angels are soliciting applications for officers and enlisted personnel.
- Marine administration personnel will update identification card software systems until the end of October.
- Rear Adm. Len Hering issued a fitness challenge.
- The Defense Commissary Agency announces an updated commissary Web site.
Surface Warfare Officer :29
We are a team :59
- Private industry members and service members meet at West 2007 to preview military equipment.
- Military optometry gives service members stylish frames options.
- Fleet and Family Support Center offers classes to assist service members in relocating.
We would like your input, so call our Feedback Line: at (202) 433-6110 or DSN 288-6110 and leave a message. Send e-mail to: email@example.com. If you have a story you think would be of interest to the Navy/Marine Corps News worldwide audience, please contact the Assignment Desk at: Naval Media Center, Bldg. 168, 2713 Mitscher Road, SW, Anacostia Annex, Washington, D.C. 20373-5819, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact The Assignment Desk at (202) 433-0300 or DSN 288-0300. Distribution questions should be directed to Paul Hernandez, Comm : (202) 433-2105 or DSN 288-2105 or, email: email@example.com.
Check here for Navy/Marine Corps
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest