Navy / Marine Corps News highlights for the week of February 25 - March 3, 2007
Story Number: NNS070302-02
By the Navy News Service
WASHINGTON (NNS) -- Navy/Marine Corps News Program 2007-09
Headlines Ashore and Afloat for the week ending February 28, 2007:
- The Chief of Naval Operations announced the winners in the FY2006 CNO Environmental Awards Competition.
- USS Essex (LHD 2) won the Captain Edward F. Ney award.
- The history of anti-submarine warfare (ASW).
- Guided missile destroyers contributions to the ASW effort are highlighted.
- Adm. Michael Bachman discusses how tomorrow’s Navy will incorporate ships like LCS in ASW operations.
- The next generation of multi-mission aircraft is unveiled.
- Unmanned vehicles contribute to the ASW effort.
- ASW training from Point Loma, Ca. is highlighted
- An interview with Adm. Gary Roughead on ASW.
- “Military Saves Week” is announced.
- Applications for resident and non-resident joint professional military education opportunities are announced.
- The behind-the-scenes look at ASW.
- A look at the future of ASW.
- How the latest in technology is being employed in ASW.
We would like your input, so call our Feedback Line: at (202) 433-6110 or DSN 288-6110 and leave a message. Send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a story you think would be of interest to the Navy/Marine Corps News worldwide audience, please contact the Assignment Desk at: Naval Media Center, Bldg. 168, 2713 Mitscher Road, SW, Anacostia Annex, Washington, DC 20373-5819, or email: ANND_NMC_AssignmentsDesk@navy.mil or contact The Assignment Desk at (202) 433-0300 or DSN 288-0300. Distribution questions should be directed to Paul Hernandez, Comm : (202) 433-2105 or DSN 288-2105 or, email: email@example.com.
Check here for Navy/Marine Corps
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests