Navy / Marine Corps News highlights for the week of April 14 - 20, 2007
Story Number: NNS070412-01
From the Navy News Service
WASHINGTON (NNS) -- NAVY/MARINE CORPS NEWS
NAVY/MARINE CORPS NEWS PROMO (: 30)
PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS (28:00)
Headlines Ashore and Afloat for the week ending April 14, 2007:
- Lance Cpl. Chris Aldesperger’s family will receive the Navy Cross for his actions in Fallujah, Iraq.
- The Marine Corps created a new regiment dedicated to taking care of wounded Sailors and Marines.
- Commandant of the Marine Corps Gen. James Conway and Sgt Major of the Marine Corps John Estrada visited Bahrain.
- APLIS, a support base located in the Arctic Ocean, supports naval submarine training missions.
- Individual augmentees are trained at Fort Jackson, North Carolina.
- USS Underwood (FFG-36) leads an effort to keep Iraqi oil platforms safe.
We Are A Team (Communications) :59
- The Navy uses its resources to keep the endangered right whale safe from ship traffic.
- The Navy League’s Sea, Air and Space Exposition allows the military to work with the defense industry.
- Individual augmentee handbooks are being created for issue to Sailors.
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy Joe Campa Jr. invites Sailors to view his remodeled Web site.
- MARADMIN 225/07 offers direction for the new Marine Corps marksmanship program standards.
- All Hands (April) :29
- Our Town (Wickenburg, AZ.) :59
- Personnel at the USO in San Diego assemble care packages for troops overseas.
- A new electronic range in Miramar, Calif., is named after the former legendary sniper, Carlos Hathcock.
- The life and experiences of former Marine Corps’ sniper Carlos Hathcock are remembered.
- The chocolate festival in Modica, Italy, can be a great place for Sailors to spend their liberty.
We would like your input, so call our FEEDBACK LINE: at (202) 433-6110 or DSN 288-6110 and leave a message. Send e-mail to: email@example.com. If you have a story you think would be of interest to the Navy/Marine Corps News worldwide audience, please contact the Assignment Desk at: Naval Media Center, Bldg. 168, 2713 Mitscher Road, SW, Anacostia Annex, Washington, DC 20373-5819, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact The Assignment Desk at (202) 433-0300 or DSN 288-0300. Distribution questions should be directed to Paul Hernandez, Comm : (202) 433-2105 or DSN 288-2105 or, email: email@example.com.
Check here for Navy/Marine Corps
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests