Navy / Marine Corps News highlights for the week of April 21 - 27, 2007
Story Number: NNS070420-03
From the Navy News Service
WASHINGTON (NNS) -- NAVY/MARINE CORPS NEWS
NAVY/MARINE CORPS NEWS PROMO (: 30)
PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS (28:00)
Headlines Ashore and Afloat for the week ending on the April 21, 2007:
- Adm. Mike Mullen announces plans for Global Fleet Station pilot deployment in April.
- Secretary of the Navy Donald C. Winter announces the cancellation of LCS-3.
- The Navy Memorial unveiled its new exhibit, Sea, Air, Land ... the Navy’s Special Operations Sailors.
- USS Sirocco (PC 6) is used to protect Iraqi infrastructure in the Persian Gulf.
- Junior corpsmen participate in high intensity, hands-on battlefield medical training.
- Seabees apply a “can do” attitude when forging relationships with locals in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- All Hands (April) :29
- Navy / Marine Corps (Teamwork) :59
- Naval Air Station Rota’s green team earns CNO recognition for environmental efforts on earth day.
- Space and Naval Warfare Systems use dolphins and sea lions to fight the war on terrorism.
- USS Essex participates in amphibious operations to prepare for Exercise Foal Eagle.
- Sailors in Coronado, Calif., help potential SEAL and SWIC candidates to stay motivated.
- MARADMIN 244/07 request submissions for the All-Marine Triathlon Team.
- NAVADMIN 085/07 view overseas and IA suitability through BUPERS Online.
- NAVADMIN 087/07 additional security through CAC-PKI for Perform To Serve users.
- NAVADMIN 089/07 PADS suspension replacement for helmets.
- Navy / Marine Corps (Barbary Pirates) :59
- Navy Professional Reading Program and its importance in a Sailor’s career is explained.
- U.S. Navy holds 16th Blessing of the Fleets and Charging of the Waters ceremonies in Washington.
- Month of the Military Child is observed through an in-depth look at a Washington District child development center.
We would like your input, so call our FEEDBACK LINE: at (202) 433-6110 or DSN 288-6110 and leave a message. Send e-mail to: email@example.com. If you have a story you think would be of interest to the Navy/Marine Corps News worldwide audience, please contact the Assignment Desk at: Naval Media Center, Bldg. 168, 2713 Mitscher Road, SW, Anacostia Annex, Washington, DC 20373-5819, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Assignment Desk at (202) 433-0300 or DSN 288-0300. Distribution questions should be directed to Paul Hernandez, Comm: (202) 433-2105 or DSN 288-2105 or, email: email@example.com.
Check here for Navy/Marine Corps
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests