Navy / Marine Corps News highlights for the week of May 5-11, 2007
Story Number: NNS070505-02
By Navy News Service
WASHINGTON (NNS) -- NAVY/MARINE CORPS NEWS
Headlines Ashore and Afloat for the week ending on the May 5, 2007:
- The chief of naval operations answers questions at the National Press Club.
- High Speed Vessel 2 Swift and Task Group 40.9 embark as part of the Pilot Global Fleet Station Deployment.
- The first all-SEAL candidates division trains at Recruit Training Center Great Lakes.
- Marines from the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit wrap up eight days of training ashore in the Middle East.
- Sailors and Marines train together during Operation Phoenix Express 2007.
- Sailors in Bahrain train in an improvised explosive device exercise.
- Representatives from Naval Installations Command discuss hurricane preparedness.
- All Hands :29
- Teamwork :59
- The Marine Corps has a new top enlisted Marine.
- Motor-T in Iwakuni, Japan, keeps Marines on the move.
- Midshipmen at the Naval Academy test their bio diesel project cars.
- Special Warfare officers and master EOD techs are eligible for reenlistment bonuses.
- Officers need photographs in their service records.
- Marines under the age of 18 will be operationally deployed.
- Navy / Marine Corps (Teamwork) :59
- Navy Professional Reading Program :29
- The crew of USS Safeguard participate in a salvage exercise.
- 87-year-old artist paints nose art on a B-25 bomber.
- USMC boxing team takes on British boxers.
We would like your input, so call our Feedback Line: at (202) 433-6110 or DSN 288-6110 and leave a message. Send e-mail to: email@example.com. If you have a story you think would be of interest to the Navy/Marine Corps News worldwide audience, please contact the Assignment Desk at: Naval Media Center, Bldg. 168, 2713 Mitscher Road, SW, Anacostia Annex, Washington, DC 20373-5819, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact The Assignment Desk at (202) 433-0300 or DSN 288-0300. Distribution questions should be directed to Paul Hernandez, Comm: (202) 433-2105 or DSN 288-2105 or, email: email@example.com.
Check here for Navy/Marine Corps
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests